Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Drill in the hole!!!!!!

I was in the all unfamiliar territory today!!! I had never been to a dentist in my life, and today, I had to go there. I had no option left. One of my tooth had developed a bad cavity and I had to get it attended immediately. And now that I am on a vacation, relaxing, there could not have been a better time for it.

Hesitatingly, I went to the dentist. Lots of apprehensions in my mind. Fear, tension, anxiety, I was experiencing a combination of all those emotions. Once I was in the dentist's chair, I casually laid my hands on the dentist's drill. It read 1,50,000 rpm. Holy Shit!!! I said to myself. This was way too much. The rpm indicated on the drill, literally reminded me of the design classes we used to attend a few years back!! I was simply wondering about the amount of centrifugal force even a small imbalance on the drill would create. It would simply be massive. I simply was praying that it was not out of balance!! I started remembering my college days, those great days!! This was the time I really used to think a lot and apply my brains to any problem. Those were really some of the best days of my life. Jaane kahaan gaye woh din, I said to myself.

By then, the dentist had completed his job. And I had not realised even a bit of it!! Thanks to the technical specification I read on the Drill!!! Sometime, I really pat myself for my presence of mind!!!

3 comments:

Prashanth Nayak said...

Dude...going to the dentist is one of the horrible experiences i too had faced most recently....And like you, i was going to the dentist for the 1st time in my life....all thanks to bangalore's food, despite following same methods of maintaining my teeth!!!! The food i used to have in my "home sweet home" never ever made me go to a dentist....and lo, in Feb this year, i was straight into a root canal treatment!!!! Wish i will never have one in future...!! And yes...take care of your other teeth now....ha ha...or else you may have to read those RPM details again...!!!

SWATZ said...

Waoooooo.... :P

*toothy smile*... :D

Nikhil said...

Show your teeeth...
muhaaaha :P