Friday, June 10, 2011

Pune Calling . . . Again!! :-)

I will be reaching Pune, in less than 72 hrs from now, this time, to start fresh, as a corporate professional. As I embark upon this new journey, after perhaps what could be termed as the biggest vacation of my life, till I retire, I have a set of mixed feelings. This is mainly because, Pune is the place where I have already spent a good two years and possibly the best two years of my life.

However, when I land in Pune this time, it won’t be the same again. I will not be going to the paradise called Lavale where watching sunrises and sunsets was a blessing and walking through the clouds was an experience to die for. I won’t be able to walk up and down the hill, at my will. The place in itself had some kind of an aura, which is sure to keep us all dragging back, attracting like a magnet.

Staying close to Lavale, however is a consolation. But then consider this, when it rains, though you are in Pune, you still cannot walk amidst the clouds. On bright sunny winters, you still cannot enjoy those sunrises and sunsets whenever you wish to.

I will also not be having the company of those wonderful people, with whom I have built memories for life, the parties and the dinners, the jokes and the fun, the long poker nights and the great debates and discussions on all the topics under the sun.

That I love the city, the weather, the culture and the people is a great positive for me, having got a second opportunity. The best thing about going back to the same city where you have already lived in is that you already know the place, the people, the important landmarks, restaurants, malls and so on. But the flip side is that you would not have much to explore. You will end up going to the same “good” places all over again, sans the “good” people.

However, I am excited about the new journey ahead, new challenges, new assignments in a new role with new responsibilities. After staying in the hostel for two years, where you literally had nothing to bother about, this transition is going to be pretty challenging, because in the new episode, you have everything to bother about!! I am sure that I will also make new friends as well, stay in touch with the old ones also. I will also visit Lavale for the occasional feasts (for the eyes only :P). Hope that my love affair with the city continues for many more years to come.

Pune, here I come again!! Second innings to start soon…

No comments: