Thursday, December 31, 2009

Watching the sun set……. Drowning into memories………

“A thing of beauty is a joy forever” - John Keats.

With nothing significant to do at the end of the day, I was just watching outside my window as the sun set into history, behind the Sahyadri ranges for the last time in 2009. I hurriedly rushed to get my camera so that I can treasure these moments forever. What makes these moments special is the fact that there never has been a similar sunset in the past nor there ever will be a similar sunset in the future. The mountain ranges, the cloud formation, the birds flying back to their nests all at a time in different permutations and combinations almost always ensure that you never get to see the same view again. The sun draped in golden charm, lighting the surrounding mountains in a light orangish red view was indeed a feast to watch

Right on the opposite side, the full moon was rising. And for some reason, it was looking different today. The colour was light yellowish and it even seemed a bit larger than always. As I saw it rise over the highest part on our campus, I was never so excited, alternating my camera between the two giants of the universe. How I wish I had an SLR!!!

As I sat in my room whiling away my time for the last few hours of the year, I quickly plunged into the oceans of memories of how 2009 had been for me. The very first day had good news for me with my name being shortlisted for consideration for promotion to the next level at work. The next couple of months were hectic and testing in terms of my ability to make some quick and consistent decisions. There have been quite a few occasions where I had to choose between two alternatives, both of them which I would have equally loved to have selected. Summer of 09 was fully in vacation mood and went totally in de-stressing physically and mentally. Come rains, and it was time to go back to school. The only difference was that this was a B school! The days in this B School also have been enlightening. They have given me a newer and broader perspective of life. The activities I have been a part of in this second innings with the books have been a big learning experience and I for sure can vouch that this would never have happened otherwise. Temporary bouts of panic and confusion, apprehensions and distress also were also seen throughout the year. It was like those necessary spices and additives without which a meal becomes meaningless. What made the year more exciting was the increased amount of time it kept me hooked on to the cyber space. Got re connected to a lot of old friends and also made some new friends online. Also enjoyed loads of evenings sometimes over work and sometime over dinner with new found friends. I am pretty sure that 2009 was one of the most memorable years in my entire life so far and it may very well be a milestone for me.

Wishing that 2010 bring happiness, peace, satisfaction, success and over and above everything, good health to one and all. J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very well written Nitin.

Your writing takes me to a different world and makes me feel that I myself am doing MBA from SIBM, going through the highs and lows and also viewing the wonderful natural beauty visible from your window.

I wish you go through many anxious moments, much higher pressures and wish you come out with flying colors and achieve great things in 2010. All the best 

Keep writing
Cheers

Achyut said...

hey good one.. From manager Nitin (in the previous post) to a poetic Nitin (in this post) to fire fighting Nitin (in the next post). Too good. Chindi Charm :)