Saturday, September 12, 2009

At the end of a satisfactory day....

Today is one of those days, where I can be proud of myself. I have been a part of the Aspirant Relations Team for over two months now. All this time, we all have done loads of work. But nothing has really been noticed. All this was related to the seemingly ‘back office’ type of work, which is as necessary as water and air, but often tends to get forgotten or neglected. Unless someone sees what you are doing, it is definitely not going to be appreciated. As some quality guru has said, “What cannot be seen, cannot be measured; and what cannot be measured, cannot be improved upon.”

We had been to Mumbai today. The entire team. One of the coaching centres at Mumbai was conducting an awareness programme for their students and we were invited to speak about our institute. I had personally put in a lot of efforts behind this, and all my junior teammates too had given valuable inputs and participated fully in this. When I was working for this, I felt that we have really started working as a team. Not too long back, I was a bit perplexed and worried about our chemistry and team dynamics. Personally we were all great friends and great people, each coming with diverse backgrounds and as bunches of talent. But as a team, perhaps we were not delivering to our potential. But this event has kicked it all. And I am sure; we as a team will go a long way.

When we reached there and finished our presentation, the amount of self satisfaction I personally had, was simply overwhelming. When we are doing something with all our heart and soul into it, we generally set a standard for ourselves. And when we are able to live upto our own expectations or perhaps even exceed it, it feels really great. When the organizers come and tell you that you did exactly what they wanted, that you have really lived up to their expectations, when people appreciate you for whatever small things you have done, when nice things happen when you least expect them to, you indeed have reasons to be happy. Believe me, the satisfaction of a job well done, is really at its best, when you break your own records. As some great person has said, “Winning doesn’t always mean finishing first. Sometimes, it means bettering your own performance.”

I also had the opportunity to go and spend a couple of hours with my grandmother. And yes, that satisfaction is again out of the world. When someone who loves you as dearly as them, and when you appear in front of them unannounced, the pleasure at both the ends cannot be described. Luckily, I got to spend time with my uncle as well and it was a trip worth remembering.

I love you all ARTists. Our entire team is simply great. Eagerly looking forward for more of such sunny days in life, I sign off!

Keep smiling. Life is beautiful

No comments: